Special NoticeFollowing a meeting by the National Executive Board it had been decided to change the structure of the Endowment Fund cycle from two per year to just one. The yearly deadline for submissions will be March 31st. The total sum of the annual award will remain the same but this change will allow us the flexibility to increase the amount of the grant given to approved projects.
- promote athletic, artistic and academic development of Japanese Canadians
- enrich Japanese Canadian culture and community within the Canadian society
- provide financial assistance in the form of grants to Japanese Canadian individuals furthering their studies, training and skills
Priority will be given to first-time applicants without exception. Previous grant recipients may reapply for a further SEAD grant, in a similar endeavour only if:
• In the case of sports, the recipient has shown significant improvement, either with a substantial and quantifiable rise in national or international rankings, or has been promoted
to a higher level of competition
• in the case of education/focused studies, the studies or program are significantly and obviously different from the original studies or program
• in the case of visual, performing or literary arts, the grant request applies to a significantly different project.
1. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
2. Complete application must be received by the NAJC Winnipeg office on March 31st by 2:30 pm Winnipeg time. Postmarks dated to March 31st and received after this date will not be accepted.
3. A letter of recommendation by a NAJC member organization must be included with the application.
Deadline for applications is March 31 by 2:30pm CST.
* Please read all instructions carefully to ensure that your application is complete.