The National Association of Japanese Canadians would like to remind everyone that the annual deadline for applying for one of our Endowment Fund grants (SEAD and Cultural Development Funds) is rapidly approaching (March 31, 2020 at 2 PM Central Daylight Time CDT)
Application forms for the SEAD and Cultural Development Fund can be completed online or downloaded HERE.
Please go to our website for further information about the purposes of the funds, an overview of applicant eligibility, and a list of past recipients. A brief summary of the funds is provided below.
Sports, Education, and Arts Development Fund
The purpose of the SEAD Program is to:
- promote athletic, artistic and academic development of Japanese Canadians
- enrich Japanese Canadian culture and community within the Canadian society
- provide financial assistance in the form of grants to Japanese Canadian individuals furthering their studies, training and skills (but is not meant to replace scholarships/bursaries for tuition)
Cultural Development Fund
The purpose of the CULTURAL DEVELOPMENT program is to:
- provide financial assistance to community and cultural organizations, and individuals, for projects and activities
- promote and develop Japanese Canadian culture and heritage
Deadlines for applications are March 31, 2020 by 2:00pm CDT.